Eliminating Noise and Vibration in Building Elements
1800 339 638
For further information
and expert advice.
FLOORING ACOUSTIC RUBBER UNDERLAY
For use under:
Timber | Tiles | Bamboo | Laminate | Concrete screeds | Carpet
WHAT IS IMPACTAMAT?
ImpactaMat underlay provides an impact absorbing layer to deaden and reduce transmission of unwanted noise between adjacent spaces.
Made from recycled rubber granulate bound with a waterproof flexible binder, ImpactaMat can be installed over rigid subfloors to isolate hard tiles, timber or other floor surfaces where traffic may cause impact and footfall noise. It is available in a range of thicknesses to suit most building applications.
IMPACTAMAT TESTING, FOR PROVEN RESULTS
Embelton has tested ImpactaMat underneath a range of popular flooring types to ensure it meets and exceeds Australian building requirements. ImpactaMat is BCA compliant with the flooring types in the following pages and when combined with Embelton Ceiling Isolation systems, can attain AAAC 5 star ratings. All Impact Tests at Embelton have been carried out in accordance with the requirements of ISO 140-7 and ISO 717-2.
The figures represented in the following table over the page are indicative only and cannot be taken as a guarantee of performance. Detailed test results and further test results under other flooring applications, are available upon request.
- Reduces both airborne and structure-borne noise, improving the acoustic environment within adjacent spaces
- Suitable as an acoustical performance underlay for most hard floor surfaces as well as carpet
- Meets and exceeds BCA requirements
- Anti-ageing – it will sustain normal loadings without excessive compression to retain acoustic properties over time
- Readily cut for easy configuration in strips or pads to match floor structure and dimensions
- Installed as floating mat or can be glued down where necessary such as under hard tiles in bathrooms and other wet areas
• Thickness – Standard 3mm and 5mm thickness available in sheets and rolls as below
• Density – 800kg/m3 supplied in 1.2 x 10m rolls – 900kg/m3 supplied in 1.0 x 2.3m sheets
• Special Thickness – ImpactaMat sheets can be supplied in 10mm, 20mm, 30mm and 60mm